Pope Francis: 7 tips for being better fathers and for growth along with your children:
1. A father doesn’t want children just like himself, but wise and free ones.
2. Rigor and steadfastness, rather than complicity and protection: Better to be a misunderstood father than a weak one.
3. A father who is present in the family should be close to his wife and family: Share everything, joy and sorrow, hope and hardship.
4. A father who is present is not necessarily controlling.
5. A good father is a patient one.
6. Know how to forgive and not humiliate, but without being weak or complacent.
7. The Our Father is brought to life in fatherhood that is forgiving of failure: Without the grace that comes from the Father…fathers lose courage. But children need to find a father waiting for them when they come home after failing.
Guatemala Mission: Thank you so much for the amazing response for contributions and pledges to continue support of the life changing Diocesan Mission in Solala, Guatemala! At the entrances to the three churches are pledge envelopes. Please write checks to Guatemala Mission, and put in the collection baskets.
Quilt Raffle for Guatemala Mission: The quilt will be on display at St. Patrick’s on June 25. $2 tickets to benefit the Mission. You may be the winner of a beautiful handmade quilt!
BMAC Mobile Food Bank: July 13, 5-7 pm. Assumption parking lot. Fresh produce and meat for all those in need. Needed: volunteers, awnings for shade: 3 pm: bagging food; 5-7 pm: distributing food. 7 pm: salad & pizza for volunteers! Contact Kay Barga: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conestoga Hut for the Homeless: The WW Alliance for the Homeless needs donations to help buy materials to build Conestoga huts for those living in the Sleep Center across from the police station. WWAH, PO Box 3431, Walla Walla, WA 99362.
Immigration & Refugee Legal Services: Call Catholic Charities, 509-455-4961 to make an appointment. Immigration lawyers are in WW 2X/month.
Immigrant Resources: A meeting at Garrison Middle School cafeteria: Mon, June 26, Tues, July 25, Wed, Aug 23. 6-8 pm, Wendy Hernandez, immigration lawyer: upcoming English, citizenship classes, copy documents, Know your Rights info, Power of Attorney, parental consent forms, register to vote! Contact Cindy Gregoire, email@example.com.
Food for the Hungry: Please remember to bring nonperishable food items or a cash donation, which stretches the food dollar 6X, to supply the food banks at St. Vincent’s and BMAC.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!